My children go to bed between 7:30 and 8pm every night. My brain starts to shut down by 7 (bath time). Case in point, I have had to type-delete-retype-delete-type again every word of this blog so far; I am not sure why I am continuing to put forth the effort. Anyway, by 7:45, my body begins to give way to physical exhaustion. I generally have very little strength or desire to do much more than crash by 8. Unfortunately, that is the time when I could be getting done all the things I couldn't get done throughout the day (due to my being otherwise preoccupied with raising my children).
But, like I said, I am too brain dead and drained at this hour. I need a glass of wine. That would either snap me out of it, or put me to sleep. Either one would be fine!
I don't feel like I am making any sense.
Asher now prefers walking to crawling. He is a toddler- he toddles. He actually gets mad when he falls down and has to crawl to an object to pull himself back up. I think he has a thing about having his hands on the ground. He'll dirty em up with food, but the moment he gets actual dirt on his hands, he's not happy.
Today was a falling-down day. But he can take a hit like nobody's business, which is a blessing and curse. Today at the zoo, he was walking around at the children's zoo and fell and his head went all the way to the cobblestone walkway. I picked him up and he cried for a minute, then wanted back down. Only later, when I went to put him back in the stroller did I notice he had himself a nice shiner on his cheek, just below the eye, and a bump on the eyebrow. ouch! But now he can get around and its fun to just sit back and watch him maneuver the backyard and decide what to play with (rather than feeling the need to have to hover. For some reason I feel way more comfortable with his exploration on foot rather than hands and knees. And now he doesn't require my hand to hold... I'm sure it's bittersweet, but today it was mostly sweet).
The curse of taking photos for other people is that I never have time to work on any photos for myself.
The kids have been sleeping in the same bedroom since Saturday, so this is night 4 of room sharing. It has it's ups and downs, and bedtime is way more complicated. But it is so nice to have my bedroom back. I don't have to be quiet. I can get ready for bed with a light on and not worry about squeaky floorboards. I can lay in bed and watch the weather or Letterman before falling asleep. I know my parents are reading this blog, but I am a married woman with two children... lets just say there are many levels of enjoyment to be had by the reclamation of the master bedroom.
Today was a good day. I didn't let the things that "had to get done" get in the way of enjoying my kids and making special memories with them. The dishes only got half-done, and the diapers have not been moved from the washer to the dryer and we ate McDonald's for dinner and none of the laundry has been washed, but Iris got to paint pictures, we went to the zoo, and the kids got to eat Micky D's in the backyard while playing in the sunshine.
Now I am going to procrastinate by some other means...
No comments:
Post a Comment